A signature spice in Asian cuisines, Nirwana Food's Anise seeds lend a distinct spicy yet sweet flavor to any dish or beverage that it is added to. Licorice like flavor of anise seeds pair well with citrus foods including soups, stews and sauces. It adds wonderful aroma and taste to confectionary and bakery products.
Anise seed is a spice that is used in either ground or whole form. The seeds come from the Pimpinella anisum plant. They are small and brownish-gray in color. The aroma of anise seeds is very fragrant and similar to that of licorice flavor.
Speaking of flavor, Anise has a sweet and mildly spicy note which is produced by anethole. Anethole is an organic compound found in basil that dilutes well with alcohol but not with water. This is why upon performing culinary activities, basil leaves lend maximum flavors to the dish/ curry. Packed with a good amount of several important micronutrients, Anise Seeds also contribute to health and wellness.
- Rich nutrients: Anise seeds are low in calories but they contain a rich amount of important minerals such as including iron, manganese, and calcium.
- Reduce depression symptoms: Studies in link to anise extracts displayed powerful antidepressant properties which may help the body in adapting to stress and promote healthy mental balance.
- Prevent stomach ulcers: Gastric ulcers are painful and unpleasant that cause ailments like indigestion, burning sensation, and nausea. Although it is not argued to be a cure for stomach ulcers, anise seeds may help prevent stomach ulcer formation and also reduce symptoms.
- Fights fungi and bacteria: The potent antimicrobial properties in anise seed may help prevent the threats of infections by diminishing the growth of microbes like bacteria and microorganisms like fungi.
- Relieve menopause symptoms: The straining symptoms such as dry skin, hot flashes, and fatigue, and dry skin are what women face during the menopause period. It is an unpleasant and threatening experience. Anise seed is believed to imitate the estrogen effects in the body which increases the potential of reduced menopause symptoms.
- The other health benefits of anise seeds may include prevention of bone loss, balanced blood sugar levels, improved function of insulin-producing cells, reduced inflammation pain, protection against internal injuries, prevent chronic disease, etc.
Nirwana’s Anise Seed is of the best quality. It is sourced directly from farms and retains natural taste, flavor, and aroma. Nirwana Anise Seed is healthy, authentic, and free of any artificial preservatives or chemicals.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.