Star anise comes from the fruit of the Chinese tree called Illicium verum. It is called what it is called because of its shape. Start anise is shaped like stars and they smell like divinity. Alright, to be more precise, they carry a soft powdery floral spicy fragrance.
Nirwana's Star anise has a mild licorice-like flavor. It is popular not just for its distinctly delicious flavor but also because of the medicinal benefits. It has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for many centuries and, now it’s fast gaining popularity in western medicine practices as well. The antimicrobial properties and pharmacological potential in star anise makes it a beloved spice/ medicine.
- High antioxidants: Star anise is a rich source of antioxidants and vitamins like A and C, which may help in fighting the fight free radicals that are known to cause diabetes.
- Treats influenza: Star anise is known to contain shikimic acid content. Shikimic acid has strong antiviral capabilities which makes it a popular medication for treating influenza. Consuming star anise may help in relieving the symptoms of influenza and other viral infections in the body.
- Fights cough & flu: Star anise produces oil that contains anethole, thymol, and terpineol which may help in treating the symptoms of cough and flu.
- Antifungal & antibacterial properties: Being a rich source of anethole, star anise may help in treating fungal infections. Star anise is also said to be effective as antibiotics against multiple pathogenic bacteria which are drug-resistant.
- Treats indigestion: Star anise may help in treating digestive problems such as constipation, bloating, and gas. They may also help in reducing nausea and alleviating cramps.
- The other health benefits of star anise may include treating respiratory infections, constipation, and other digestive issues.
Nirwana’s Star Anise is of the best quality. It is sourced directly from organic farms and retains natural taste, flavor, and aroma. Nirwana Star Anise is healthy, authentic, and free of any artificial preservatives or chemicals.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.