Nirwana's Whole Raw Turmeric is a bright tangerine root-like stem that is popular for its flavors and healing powers. It is made from the freshest turmeric roots that are handpicked, manually sorted and processed to select only the best quality produce.
It has an earthy, pungent smell and the flavor is considered to be slightly peppery and bitter with hints of gingery notes. The spice is used more as a coloring agent as compared to using it as a flavoring agent. It is power-packed with anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antibacterial properties which is why they are more than just a curry element.
Turmeric has been used in Indian Ayurvedic and Chinese medicines for thousands of years. It helps in treating wounds, skin diseases, infections, and inflammations. Turmeric is also known as Indian saffron, and in India, it is commonly called "Haldi".
- Anti-inflammatory: Turmeric is loaded with medicinal properties due to the presence of compounds called curcuminoids with curcumin as the most important one. Curcumin has powerful anti-inflammatory effects that may help prevent chronic inflammation.
- Boosts antioxidants: Antioxidants defend the body against the free radicals which cause aging and illnesses. The curcumin in turmeric acts as a potent antioxidant that may help in neutralizing free radicals and stimulate the antioxidant capacity of the body.
- Improved brain function: Turmeric may help boosts the brain hormone BDNF levels that are responsible for the growth of new neurons. It may also help in fighting the degenerative processes of the brain.
- Lowered risks of heart diseases: Turmeric is believed to have a positive effect on the heart. It may help in improving the function of the endothelium cells.
- Treat Alzheimer’s disease: Turmeric may help in reducing the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease. Studies reveal that turmeric aids in clearing beta-amyloid from the brain which is known to cause Alzheimer's disease.
- The other benefits of turmeric may include treating burns, depression, boosting memory power, improving gut health, etc.
Nirwana’s Whole Turmeric is of the best quality. It is sourced directly from farms and retains natural taste, flavor, and aroma. Nirwana Whole Turmeric is healthy, authentic, and free of any artificial preservatives or chemicals.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.